Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
[aclug-L] Linux steam bath! (isapnp.conf????)

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Linux steam bath! (isapnp.conf????)
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 18:25:43 -0500

I am trying to configure 2 devices.  1 snd card, 2 modem

sound card claims to be configured, but 6.0 refuses to talk to it.  The
report say "OK" on each part of the sound card, and claims successful

When I configure the modem card (add on to the end)  [I have serial port A
as 3F8/IRQ4, serial port B as 3E8/IRQ4.   I am trying to configure
isapnp.conf modem as 2F8/IRQ3.  The new mother board is all inernal, the
only external board is the modem.  I cannot think of any device which would
use address of 2F8, but Linux reports conflicting address.  Address already
in use.  I have set the isolate/preserve flag.  If I try to use any other
com address other than comm2/cua1 the preserve flag is set and the isapnp
fails.  I hate this new motherboard, it is real fast but sucks as far as
trying to configure.  I have spent just as much trouble configuring ww95.
 But I know all the tricks on w95, and I am real weak with Linux.  But 6.0,
if it ever gets going is real cool!

mike