Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Installation on Laptop

To: ACLUG List <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Installation on Laptop
From: "Clint A. Brubakken" <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:59:36 -0500 (CDT)

well you have two reasonable options.

For Both first you install the base system with floppies (it takes 7 for
debian) then if it has a network card you put the cd in another Linux
machine and nfs mount it.

or you can set up PPP and get the rest of the packages off the web.

for debian instructions are on the website
http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/i386/install

--
Clint Brubakken
Computer Science Services Group, LLC