Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
[aclug-L] opening windows

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] opening windows
From: John Reinke <ufotofu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 01:29:59 -0500

This is probably a simple question, but how does one open another window
(within X) from the command-line? I'd like to add it to a shell script I
currently use. It would be handy when I get to one point in the script to
open another window to view a file in less, and I can continue to enter
information in the first window. And, better yet, would it work in NeXT OS?

Thanks,
John