Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] opening windows

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] opening windows
From: phrostie <phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 05:07:39 -0500

aterm &
eterm &
nterm &
xterm &
xiterm &
.

John Reinke wrote:

This is probably a simple question, but how does one open another window
(within X) from the command-line? I'd like to add it to a shell script I
currently use. It would be handy when I get to one point in the script to
open another window to view a file in less, and I can continue to enter
information in the first window. And, better yet, would it work in NeXT OS?

Thanks,
John

--
phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx