Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] chatscript question

To: ACLUG <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] chatscript question
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:20:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Sanjay Dhar wrote:

> > > flat rate for all my calls. Here's the deal, before dialing any tel.
> > > number, I need to dial an 800 number followed by a 4 digit pin and only
> > > after this I can dial whatever I want. How do you get "chat" to dial the
> > > 1-800 number, pause for about 5 seconds and then dial the pin?
> >
> > Can you just change the phone number in the script to be like:
> > 18005554444,,,,,PIN_NUMBER,ISP_NUMBER
> >

>   I guess not, because I would need to set up delays b/w the 800, PIN and
>   ISP number for allowing time for the handshaking to complete.

Ahhh, so after the connection on 1-800, you need to send the PIN and ISP?
Could you just extend the chat script?
I don't have mine handy, but something like:
expect "CONNECT" send "ATDT PIN"
expect "" send "ATDT ISP"

Never tried to send more than 1 ATDT command in a session...

-jeff
--
Steve Thompson, wildlife biologist at Yosemite National Park, telling the
New York Times in November that the cause of the 600 car break-ins by