Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] chatscript question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] chatscript question
From: Wayne White <wwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 23:52:31 -0500

At 03:20 PM 6/10/1999 -0500, you wrote:

>> > Can you just change the phone number in the script to be like:
>> > 18005554444,,,,,PIN_NUMBER,ISP_NUMBER
>> >

>>   I guess not, because I would need to set up delays b/w the 800, PIN and
>>   ISP number for allowing time for the handshaking to complete.
>

>Ahhh, so after the connection on 1-800, you need to send the PIN and ISP?
>Could you just extend the chat script?
>I don't have mine handy, but something like:
>expect "CONNECT" send "ATDT PIN"
>expect "" send "ATDT ISP"

I may be way out in left field, but don't the commas cause a delay? I think
that the above indicates a 5 sec. delay after the 800 number and a 1 sec
delay after the pin. It may also be that the comma doesn't represent a whole
second delay and you may need to experiment to get the right number of them
for the correct delay.

Now please, if I'm wrong about this be gentle with me.

>Never tried to send more than 1 ATDT command in a session...
>
>-jeff
>--
>Steve Thompson, wildlife biologist at Yosemite National Park, telling the
>New York Times in November that the cause of the 600 car break-ins by
>bears in 1997 mostly was food left in the seat: "My problems start when
>the smarter bears and the dumber visitors intersect."

Just allow a fragment of your life. . .
        to wander free.
                E.J.