Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Intel EtherExpress PRO/10+ and RedHat 6.0

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Intel EtherExpress PRO/10+ and RedHat 6.0
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 07:12:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999 ahtumeng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> yes it is a PnP card and its ISA
> i run 2.2.5-15 kernel which is a standart for RedHat 6.0
> if could help me with some more specific detail i'll be very happy

This is from my memory of doing it once on a 486 for the same reason, so
double check me on the commands (check the manpage for pnpdump and
isapnp). Plug it into the case, boot up the computer, log in as root, run
"pnpdump > /tmp/pnp.txt"
"vi /tmp/pnp.txt" (or pico or emacs or ....)
edit the sections that it says to; I think this ended up being simply a
matter of uncommenting 1 or 2 lines.
Save and exit.
run "isapnp /tmp/pnp.txt" and see if it says success or not. If so, try
running /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup eth0 or simply
ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 (or whatever).

For more background material on networking setup, look at
/usr/doc/HOWTO/NET-3-HOWTO and
/usr/doc/HOWTO/Ethernet-HOWTO

-jeff
--
I am a rich and happy man, and others often ask me how I have come to be
so successful. I respond with the two 'golden rules' which I have obeyed