Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Kernel Source

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Kernel Source
From: "Greg House" <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 08:59:32 -0500

Jeff wrote:

>> What is the title of the LINUX Kernel source.  I want to list out the
>> program and see how it ticks.  I am looking for the actual c code.
>
>Get a cup of coffee.
>Cancel that, get a pot of coffee.
>And some snickers bars.
>Take a deep breath.
>cd /usr/src/linux
>find . -name '*.c' -print

Make sure you have the kernel sources installed.  Many distributions don't
install them unless specifically requested (ie, you say it's a development
station).  The /usr/src/linux directory is where they'll usually put 'em if
they're installed.  If the directory is empty, or you just have some misc
header files in there, you need to find the kernel source package and
install it.

Greg