Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] need spreadsheet suggestions

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] need spreadsheet suggestions
From: Bob_Deep <bobd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 20:33:21 +0000

John Reinke wrote:

> I will be teaching a class this summer, and would like to keep the grades
> in a simple spreadsheet on Linux. Here's the catch: I'd like it to be a
> non-X-based solution, so I can use it over a telnet session at school or
> from home.

Only have telnet in one of those situations?  Why not use X?

You can get reasonable X performance over a dialup line (56K) if you use
the differituantal (SP) X setup.. It still is not great performance, but
it really is not that bad if you take it easy.

--
      -=  Bob =-
Hey.. This is my mail and I charge for SPAM I receive...