Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] More on lost kernel

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] More on lost kernel
From: Wayne White <wwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 19:33:33 -0500

At 07:21 PM 5/15/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>To me, this sounds like a partitioning or LILO problem, although
>without seeing the system itself, I can't say what.  Does the RedHat
>install offer to make you a boot floppy, and if so, can you boot from
>that?
>
>-- John

John,

That's what he is trying to boot from. The boot image from the install
cd. It starts the install routine fine, but when the time comes to bring
up linux and uncompress it he gets the can't find kernel message. It even
did it to him when he used the same disks that I installed with, so I know
that they're good. He's never been able to get linux installed so it's
not that it can't find the kernel on his hard drive.

Thanks for the response, if you have any other ideas they're welcome.

Wayne