Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Lost kernel

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Lost kernel
From: Jeffrey Hansen <jhansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 08:49:27 -0500

Is the instally setup different than with the previous RedHats?  The
slickest method I've used to to boot with a DOS diskette (with the CD
drivers, of course) and then going to "dosutils" on the RedHat CD and
running "autoboot.bat."  With that setup you won't even need the RedHat
Boot Disk.  If you need a good boot disk for DOS, I've got an image I use
that has four different CD drivers for ATAPI.  If the current one doesn't
work then all you'd need to do is edit the config.sys and just "rem" out
the current one and "unrem" another until you find the one that works.  If
all things are as they were that  would be the easiest in my estimation.

jeff2