Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Where to get Debian

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Where to get Debian
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11 May 1999 16:22:11 -0500

"Troy Wolf" <troy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> [1  <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
> Where and how does anyone recommend getting Debian?
> (  http://www.debian.org is not a working URL )

There were network problems in California yesterday that took it down,
along with other sites like VA research.  It's back now.

> I'll be installing onto a system without a CD-ROM.  With RH, I just
> perform an FTP install from the CD on another Linux box.  Can I do a
> similar thing with Debian? Or do you recommend some other method? I
> know I'll be in for a surprise because I'm sure the installation is
> totally different between RH and Debian.

Yes, you can do that with Debian, or you can do an NFS install from
the CD on another Linux or Unix box.

-- John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |