Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Good ISA 56K modem?

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Good ISA 56K modem?
From: Dale W Hodge <dwh@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:36:21 -0500 (CDT)

On 28 Apr 1999, John Goerzen wrote:

> Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I am also looking for a used 486/pent and case.
>
> Check Command Computer Surplus first, and the NCR "outlet store"
> second :-)

Now is seems as good time as any to mention this...

You might want to wait until May 8 - as the "Super Saturday Sale" comes
back to town, as it does on the second Saturday of each month.  Last time
they were selling complete 486 systems for $75 or $35 without monitor or
keyboard.  This is not to say they will neccesarily have more next time,
but so far I've seen similar deals on used computers at each  sale.  And
new Pentium computer parts were CHEAP...

 Dale W Hodge  dwh@xxxxxxxx, dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 Web Page: www.sktc.net/~dwh, www.dnd.ddns.org
   __   _
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  . . .  t h e   c h o i c e   o f   a