Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] ftpd problem, HELP!

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: <ACLUG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] ftpd problem, HELP!
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 26 Apr 1999 11:43:02 -0500

Hello Roger,

That's a very thorough description; great!

On your Linux machine, ftpd ought to log information for you about
what happens.  This will probably have a clue to the problem.  Check
out the following files:

  /var/log/daemon.log
  /var/log/messages
  /var/log/xferlog
  /var/log/syslog
  /var/log/debug.log

And any other file in there that looks relevant.  If you don't get
enough information, add -d to the command line and try again; this
will add some more debugging information.

If you still can't pinpoint the problem, send along your various
config files and maybe somebody here can spot it.

Let me know how it turns out; it sounds like a strange one!

-- John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
The 1,897,858th prime number is 30,686,609.