Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Dumb Question 101

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Dumb Question 101
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 06:53:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, maholmes wrote:

> What is the name of the file which has all the stuff from the screen
> during boot-up.

The command 'dmesg | pg' will show it to you.
On my redhat system it's /var/log/kernel, but YMMV (/etc/syslog.conf)

-jeff
-----
It would appear that we have reached the limits of what it is possible to
achieve with computer technology, although one should be careful with such
statements, as they tend to sound pretty silly in 5 years.
        - John Von Neumann (ca. 1949)