Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
[aclug-L] smb.conf not getting built - samba-2.0.3

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] smb.conf not getting built - samba-2.0.3
From: "Ramu, Sunil" <sunil.ramu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 18:14:49 -0400

Hello Everybody,

I am a newbie this samba stuff and am trying to compile Samba 2.0.3 on a
Solaris 2.6. I am using Sun's native compiler SUNWspro (Sun WorkShop). I
am aware that pre-compiled version is readily available at ftp sites.
However, we have various UNIX boxes with OS at different levels. It is
necessary for us to compile samba 2.0.3. I have decided to start off
with Solaris.

The procedure I follow is -

1)      # cd /system/samba-2.0.3/source
2)      # ./configure
3)      # make clean
4)      # make
5)      # make install

The newly built binaries are installed under /usr/local/samba .

There are no build errors. However, I do not see the smb.conf file under
/usr/local/samba/lib . What am I doing wrong ?.

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sunil

Sunil Ramu
Veritas Software