Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
[aclug-L] Sound

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Sound
From: "Jeffrey L. Hansen" <jeffreyh@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 01:48:44 -0500

Now that I have my modem working, the next miracle will be to get the
sound card working.  I tried the Red Hat sound config utility, but it
can't find the card (at least, I get an error when it probes for the
cord.  It says that it can't reset the dsp).  The card is a Sound
Blaster AWE64, so it should be supported.  Any suggestions?

I'm also having some problems with fonts.  Netscape has a default font
that's almost unreadable, but there doesn't seem to be any alternatives
available.  Do I have to download fonts like Arial and Times New Roman?

TIA,
jeff