Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Sound

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Sound
From: Jesse Kaufman <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 08:00:28 +0000

"Jeffrey L. Hansen" wrote:

> Now that I have my modem working, the next miracle will be to get the
> sound card working.  I tried the Red Hat sound config utility, but it
> can't find the card (at least, I get an error when it probes for the
> cord.  It says that it can't reset the dsp).  The card is a Sound
> Blaster AWE64, so it should be supported.  Any suggestions?
>
> I'm also having some problems with fonts.  Netscape has a default font
> that's almost unreadable, but there doesn't seem to be any alternatives
> available.  Do I have to download fonts like Arial and Times New Roman?

i'd suggest changing the font to something else...  i installed a buttload
more Type1 fonts, and even have a TTF server running, which makes stuff in
netscape MUCH easier to read...  it's not that hard, either...

jesse

--
"If we don't stand up to Micro$oft, who will?"
     - The Boycott Micro$oft Web Page

http://www.boycott-ms.org/