Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
[aclug-L] Compact Linux Reference

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Compact Linux Reference
From: Karl Juhnke <fritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 12:30:50 -0600 (CST)

> Hehe, ok, obviously there is sufficient demand here, so I've started
> the gears in motion.
>
> Now the question is: buy 50 or 100? :-)

I'll take two if I can get $%#&@ ppp working.  :-)  More questions on that
topic shortly, but first more generally...

Is there a small reference (and/or tutorial) on useful and common unix
commands? I can get around my system (just barely) with cd, rm, ls, less,
pico, and so on, but I can't find a file or move a directory tree or all
sorts of things y'all take for granted.  I love Kernighan and Ritchie "The
C Programming Language"; slim, but packed full.  Is there anything
comparable for Linux?

Thanks,
-Fritz