Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
[aclug-L] Postilion

To: ACLUG <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Postilion
From: Jesse Kaufman <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 08:02:28 +0000

has anyone gotten postilion working on their machine using a remote POP3
mail host?  i'm wanting to use Postilion, but they said i need to use
fetchmail to get the POP3 mail, then Postilion will get it....   can
someone help me atleast get fetchmail working to check my e-mail at the
college?  also, what exactly will fetchmail let me do?  i hear people
talk all the time about procmail as a filter, does that work w/
fetchmail?  i'm still a newbie at all the more technical linux stuff
(tho' i consider myself an intermediate user, rather than a newbie,
thanks A LOT to this group!!!)...

jesse

--
"If we don't stand up to Micro$oft, who will?"
     - The Boycott Micro$oft Web Page

http://www.boycott-ms.org/