Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
[aclug-L] Lost on network

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Lost on network
From: Wayne White <wwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 19:57:22 -0600

After upgrading my linux box with a larger hard drive and reinstalling
RedHat 5.1 my windows machines no longer see the linux box in the
network neighborhood. Nothing on the windows boxes was changed. I thought
I remembered everything to get going again, but obviously have forgotten
something in setting up the linux machine again. The network seems to work
OK. All boxes can ping all other boxes both by name and IP number. I
can smbmount shares on the windows boxes with linux and can ftp the linux
box from the windows machine. Why is it no longer showing up in the
network neighborhood and does it really matter?

Thanks,

Wayne