Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Distribution for free install?

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Distribution for free install?
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Feb 1999 13:20:12 -0600

"House, Greg" <greg.house@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Perhaps I missed it somewhere along the line, but what distribution
> are you (I'd say "we", but I can't help out this time...) installing
> at the free install on Saturday?  Debian?  That seems to be what most
> on the list are running.

The person ordering the CDs has been asked to purchase half Debian,
half RedHat.  So you get a choice :-)

> If so, it's kind of a bummer, since 2.1 (slink) will be released just
> three days after the free install.  Do we have a pre-slink (John?)
> for this or are we going with 2.0.2?

Unfortunately, two things that we can always count on for Debian
releases: 1) a new X comes out four days before, and 2) ACLUG holds an
install less than a week before :-)

The timing is rather unfortunate, but actually the CD vendors will
take a week or two before they have CDs ready for public consumption,
and then some more time while they satisfy the backlog of orders
placed already.

Fortunately, Debian upgrades are very nice (easier than RedHat), and
we can go over that at a meeting sometime or on the lists.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |