Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Heatsinks...

To: ACLUG-list <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Heatsinks...
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 23:51:12 -0600 (CST)

There are many heat sinks that will clip to the actual CPU rather than to
the tags on the CPU socket... and CPU fans are cheap (usually $5-$10).
You could probably get one at Command Computer Surplus or NCR.

Or... I have one of the clip-style CPU fans, if you'd want to trade CPU
fans, I'd be willing to make the trade... e-mail me privately if
interested, and we can work out arrangements.

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Greg House wrote:

> I apologize for my not-directly-Linux-related question, but I'm sure some of
> you can help me with this.  I have an old motherboard, and a P133 processor
> that I'd like to use for a system.  The problem is that one of the little
> tangs on the CPU socket which hold the spring clip for the CPU heat sink is
> broken off, so I don't have a way to keep the heatsink on.
>
> I've heard of gluing the heatsink directly to the CPU before.  Is this
> feasable for this CPU?  If so, what kind of glue should I use?  I have a
> nice AAVID heatsink/fan combination unit.  Will the fan rattle the heatsink
> off the CPU over time (with glue)?
>
> advTHANKSance,
> Greg
>
> ---
> This is the Air Capital Linux Users Group discussion list.  If you
> want to unsubscribe, send the word "unsubscribe" to
> aclug-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx.  If you want to post to the list, send your
> message to aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Jonathan Hall * jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * PGP public key available
Systems Admin, Future Internet Services in Goessel, KS * (316) 367-2443
     http://www2.southwind.net/~jonhall * PGP Key ID: FE 00 FD 51
         -=  Running Debian GNU/Linux 2.0, kernel 2.0.36  =-