Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Web server at home?

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Web server at home?
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 00:23:11 -0600

On Sun, Feb 14, 1999 at 09:52:12PM -0600, Maverick, Ven-Han Ieong wrote:
> Thank you so much, I am untar all the files, and follow your step, but
> I am still unable to load  my CGI program, and it return
> Internal Server Error
>       I install my Appache web server when I was install my RH5.1, so
> my configuration is basic, like the web server directory is on
> /home/httpd/
> and my user directory is on /home/
> for example
> /home/username
>
> on my machine, it has only one user (me) abcd, and I just don't know why the
> html format page loading alright, but no the CGI script....
>                                               Ieong

It is hard to say what is wrong. Make sure that your permissions are
right. If you are not using the SUEXEC package then the web server
must be able to run the script as itself. That means set the group to
be the web server owner and do a chmod 750 on the script, or do a
chmod 755 on the script so anyone can run it. Make sure that the
scripts are in the cgi-bin directory (or what ever directory is
specified in the configuration) and make sure that the cgi-bin
directory has the correct permissions (usually chmod 755).

If you want to send me a copy of your config files I can look for
errors. You can send them directly to me if you want. We've probably
bored the rest of list enough on this :-)

Steven Saner                            SouthWind Internet Access, Inc.
ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                    Junior Systems Administrator
http://www2.southwind.net/~ssaner       support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        http://www.southwind.net
                                        263-7963 Wichita  (800)525-7963