Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
[aclug-L] Printer For Linux!!

To: Linux User Group <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Printer For Linux!!
From: Mohammad Islam <sohel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 15:20:46 -0600

Hey all,

I have finally purchased a Laser printer..it is a Lexmark Optra E+ laser
printer and its working great with my linux box. I have already
configured it thorugh the Control-Panel Printtool under Redhat 5.1 and
its spitting out great looking pages(Both ASCII and PS)
I am using ljet4(HP deskjet series4/5/6) driver for it. So if anybody
out there want to buy a personal laser for their home/soho, this is
definitely the printer to buy. I bought it from buycomp.com for
$296..thats lower than the high end HP deskjet color that my friend
bought and the print quality is superb... beats the crap out of the
print quality of the mentioned HP.

So if you are in the market for a laser that works great right out of
the box with linux.. check it out at www.lexmark.com and www.buycomp.com

regards,

Mohammed