Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Printing resolved

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Printing resolved
From: Nate Bargmann <ka0rny@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 07:35:46 -0600

John Phillips wrote:

> Don't sweat your age. I'll be 58 in a few months.  Age gives experience
> with many operating systems, some good, some not so good.
>
> Keeping a handwritten system log in a spiral note book beside the system
> console in which you record the date/changes made to the system and the
> date/problems.  Note the emphasis on dates for the changes and the
> problems.  This is just some good operating practice from an old system
> administrator.
>
> Enjoy Linux ! I do.

Thanks John.

My age comment was just tongue in cheek.  Linux is really fascinating as
there is so much to know and after 2+ years still much more to learn.

Keeping a log is a sound idea.  When I started with Linux I kept a
notebook detailing commands and changes.  I stopped doing that and
realize I should probably go back to using one.  Thanks for the
reminder.

- Nate >>

--

 Packet   | N0NB @ WF0A.#SCKS.KS.USA.NOAM       | "Depression is