Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1998:
[aclug-L] first plunge

To: aclug-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] first plunge
From: phrostie <phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 18:14:37 -0600

i've been using linux for quite some time but never used it for more than
a desktop/workstation.
monday i went by the salvage place and picked up a 50 dollar dell 4-66.
i'm planing to start building a home file sever for me and my wife.
the dell already has a network card but my current work station has none.
when i did my install i chose dial in ppp only(my old machine).

i have a very old network card, thomas-conrad, arc-card/at copyright 1987.
is this even useable?
what will i need to do to my current machine to prep it for a lil network?

i'm new to this side of linux so i'll be asking a lot of stupid questions
thanks

--
phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh I've slipped the surly bonds of dos
and danced the skies on LINUX silvered wings.