Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1998:
[no subject]

To: <aclug-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: jdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 14:25:26 -0600

Okay, I set up the ppp connection, it asks for my UID and PW and phone number to dial. (btw I am now using a USR14.4 till can get something else, it was a winmodem)  And it dials out, handshakes, and then disconnects after a few seconds.  A few things concern me.  Coming from a Windows world... I didn't have to specify TCP/IP, I didn't have to setup DNS, nothing...  I did setup the gateway to the proper IP.  I am dialing in to my NT 4 SERVER AT WORK.    But I just don't know.....
Any input?
Jonathan

  \    /
   \__/