Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] WP8

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] WP8
From: "Brian J. Chapman" <bchapman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 21:56:34 -0600

At 08:01 AM 12/3/98 -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> SDCorp, the company that makes it, has this list of mirrors in their FTP
> welcome message:

doh! :-o

> Additionally, it's probably on ftp.sdcorp.com someplace.

actually, last time i checked, the WP8 files were in a directory named
'NOT.AT.THIS.SITE' (or something similar) and they were not world
readable. strange eh? but i swear thats how it was. maybe its back to
normal now.

> Actually, just click Cancel in the box that comes up warning you about
it, and you'll be fine.

doh! (again)...well i haven't installed it so i'm just going on what i've
heard. i guess if the box keeps poping up, maybe thats what the "patch"
fixes(?) I can send the "file" to you if you would like...just for
informational purposes ofcourse.

> True, but small compared to Word for Windows :-)

No kidding. :)

 Brian James Chapman | bchapman@xxxxxxxxx | www.feist.com/~bchapman