Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] shell script

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] shell script
From: Bob Deep <bobd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 08:17:50 -0600

Jesse Kaufman wrote:

> ok, it may not be the most efficient (i dunno), but C++ would be my
> progamming language of choice, since it's the only one listed that i am
> currently taking at Tabor...  how do i go about sending the message to the
> person?  now that the ping part is (getting) figured out, that's my main
> question... how to send the e-mail...

Worst case... All you have to do is issue a "system" command with the
proper paramaters.  You are looking for the command "mail" I beleive...
Just put all the paramaters to send some mail on the command line...

Aside from that, you could (if you wanted too), just open up the mailer
port directly to send the mail to the socket connection... It would be a
bit more troubble, but I'd bet you could find some C++ Class Lib to
handle the commnuications if you looked arround a bit.

Your choice.

-= bob =-