Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] StarOffice

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] StarOffice
From: Bob Deep <bobd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:15:19 -0600

Todd_Lundstedt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I went ahead and tried that, and everything worked fine.  Unfortunately, I
> have the downloaded version, not the CD version, so... no HTML file, just a
> PDF, and two wasted days downloading...
> Thanks for the help.

Great... Glad it worked.  If Caldera or Star Division was thinking, they
would publish the install html files on their sites... For all to view
and print....

They also need to include instructions on how to make things work with a
differant libc than they expect....  The fact that the install just dies
with some cryptic "script error" message is not good for busniess...
But hey... It's free.

-= bob =-