Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1998:
[aclug-L] [Fwd: ne2k-pci problems (fwd)]

To: "aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] [Fwd: ne2k-pci problems (fwd)]
From: Jesse Kaufman <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 01:06:13 -0600

Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> Unsure if this got through or not.  It should answer your question, except
> for the net-pf-4/5 noise.  The solution there is to alias those modules to
> 'null' or something in /etc/conf.modules.  man conf.modules for more
> details, I think it mentions how in there.

> =====================================
>
> Probably what you managed somehow to miss (likely in the switch from 2.0
> to 2.1) was:
>
> [*] TCP/IP networking (CONFIG_INET)
>
> linux/net/protocols.c says:
>
> #ifdef  CONFIG_INET
>   { "INET",     inet_proto_init },                      /* TCP/IP */
>
> Give that a try and let me know if it works or not.

ok, some dude from the kernel-list sent me this in regards

to my questions about my RealTek 8029 NIC not working right...

make any sense to anyone?

---
! Tabor College              !          ICQ UIN1: 4022791 !
! 400 S. Jefferson           !         ICQ UIN2: 13115282 !
! Hillsboro, KS 67063        ! kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx !