Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] kernel updates

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] kernel updates
From: "Dennis Quiring" <dquiring@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 17:46:27 -0500

Get the new version of Partition Magic, Version 4.0.  It will give you some
extra space without destroying data and the newest version is more Linux
friendly.  The new version also lets you change FAT32 drives back to FAT16.
PM isn't hard to use assuming you've dealt with HD setup in the past.  ( I
hadn't, so I struggled a bit )

If you're really short on HD space, PM works quite well off the floppy disk
without installing on your HD.

I don't think the new ver of PM is available in stores yet.  It's available
online at:  http://www.powerquest.com/  for about $70.00.

Dennis Quiring