Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] kernel updates

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] kernel updates
From: jeffrey.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 16:50:29 -0500

You might be able to use Partition Magic to adjust the partitions.  I know
it recognizes the Linux partitions, but I'm not sure if it manipulates
them.  Also, are you using a computer that isn't able to run in LBA mode
for the hard drives?  That's the only time I'd ever run those overlay
programs.  As I understand the way Disk Mangler (Manager) runs is to put a
bunch of control structures in the Master Boot Record and, I believe,
that's where LILO lives.  I could be that you've got a war over control
there.  I'm still trying to figure Linux out myself, but that would be my
guess on the hardware problems.

Good luck,
Jeff

Todd_Lundstedt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 10/22/98 04:16:53 PM