Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] RAM question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] RAM question
From: "Brian J. Chapman" <bchapman@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 21:17:49 -0500

At 05:13 PM 10/15/98 -0500, Jesse Kaufman wrote:
> Nate Bargmann wrote:
> do you know anything about TV cards in linux (ATI All-in-wonder, for
> instance)...

Zoinks! No, i've heard bad things about the All-in-wonder (under Linux).
As long as you have a spare PCI slot though many people seem to suggest
the Hauppauge line of TV cards (hauppauge.com). They use the bttv chipset
which displays TV video with little to no CPU overhead. Its not a 2D video
card though, just an add-on but it seems to be well supported. I've been
thinking about picking one up. Last I checked, I think they're about $100
or so at CompUSA.

Check out the Video-4-Linux webpage at:
        http://roadrunner.swansea.uk.linux.org/v4l.shtml

If you get one, let me know how it is! Did I mention some have built-in
Radio tuners too! :)

 Brian James Chapman | bchapman@xxxxxxxxx | www.feist.com/~bchapman