Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1998:
[aclug-L] admin

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] admin
From: Bijaya Hamal <bj01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 18:40:35 +0500 (GMT+0500)

 Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a newbie at linux. I am using redhat 5.0 .I am had a successful
install of it . Now this linux is running on a intel pentium box.
I have a fright of forgetting the root password . I want to create  a
parallel user
who has equal rights as root and can telnet from any terminal and
administer the box.The regular telnet facility already there.
I have looked up commands such as uid , setuid, but still have no hint .
So, please help me. I will be grateful for your help. Thanks in advance .