Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] Printer setup

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Printer setup
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 09:29:22 -0500

When you changed the printcap, did you make sure to restart lpd (or
reboot the computer)? I forgotten to do that before and couldn't
figure out what was going on.

On Thu, Oct 15, 1998 at 07:33:04AM -0500, Wayne White wrote:
> I need a little help with something that shouldn't be that
> tough. I am trying to make my printer (LaserJet IV) print
> 80 lines to the page instead of the default 66. Setting the
> printer's menu to 80 lines is no problem. I can't get lpr to
> send print jobs in 80 line pages. I have tried editing
> printcap with
>       :pl=80:\
> to no avail. I also edited the termcap entry for the printer
> with
>       :li=80:\
> which didn't help either. What am I missing? I am trying to
> produce a neater and more efficient hard copy of man pages.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Wayne
>
> ---
> This is the Air Capitol Linux Users Group discussion list.  If you
> want to unsubscribe, send the word "unsubscribe" to
> aclug-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx.  If you want to post to the list, send your
> message to aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Steven Saner                            SouthWind Internet Access, Inc.
ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                    Technical Support
http://www2.southwind.net/~ssaner       support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        http://www.southwind.net
                                        263-7963 Wichita  (800)525-7963