Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] Linux Configurator

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Linux Configurator
From: Dale W Hodge <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 11:33:11 -0500 (CDT)

On 1 Oct 1998, John Goerzen wrote:

> a convenient interface.  This is accomplishes well, but there is one
> thing that keeps me from using it: linuxconf takes control over the
> system bootup (the /etc/init.d or /etc/rc.d scripts, depending on the
> distro) from the normal scripts and does things itself.  Fine (and
> perhaps even idel) for most people, but not me.

Exactly! I was not impressed with it's handling of the boot scripts. It
mucked with a few even though I had told it not to. *If* it would leave
the boot scripts alone unless I told it otherwise, I probably would have
given it more of a chance...

 Dale W Hodge  dwh@xxxxxxxx  dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 Web Page: www.dnd.ddns.org