Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] Intellemouse question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Intellemouse question
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19 Sep 1998 13:02:29 -0500

Jesse Kaufman <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> is there a way i can support intellemouse in linux?  i've got one of
> those funky mice w/ a thirdbutton/scroll wheel, and LOVED it in
> windoze... is there a way to get that in linux?

You can find all the info you need at:

http://www.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

> p.s. like the plain text?  finally got it config-ed rite...

Great!

> p.p.s. is anyone here on ICQ?  what clone do you think is the best?

ICQ is a terribly buggy and insecure system and is best avoided, IMHO.
It is possible to easily impersonate another user, steal their ICQ
password, etc.  We can create better solutions using standard Unix
tools.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |