Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1998:
[aclug-L] sound probs...still

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] sound probs...still
From: "Jesse Kaufman" <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 23:43:07 -0700

hey, can anybody help me out?  i'm STILL fighting this damn soundcard...  i've tried OSS/Linux, and it worked GREAT!  the only prob is that the license for my particular card costs like $30, which is about what i could pay for a SB16...  i'd rather not go out and buy another card if i have one already, but i'm getting REALLY fed up w/ this thing...  i really want sound working, and i'm starting to get into school, where i'll have less & less time to screw around with my machine.  i'm not worried about anything else at this point in time, except getting my sound going.  PLEASE, if ANYBODY has ANY ideas that WILL work DON'T HESITATE TO E-MAIL ME!!!  i'm still leary about going to a 2.1.x kernel, plus, i don't have i'net on my machine, so it will be a while b4 i can even try to get the updated kernel...

suggestions?

---
Tabor College
400 S. Jefferson