Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] Fwd: Looking for Programmer/Job Opp.

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Fwd: Looking for Programmer/Job Opp.
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Aug 1998 22:36:12 -0500

[ cc to the guy trimmed ]

Alex M <alx@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Well, you have to admit, it was a pretty lame-assed idea.  And was he
> saying he would only pay up to $40 for the job, or $40+your estimate...
> Not to mention the solicitation of a newsgroup which is designed for
> discussing perl, and not looking for contract employees.

Not only that, but I'm tickled pink that he told people to check
comp.lang.perl.misc, where he publicly posted very nasty and messages
to myself and others, and then my reply telling him to read the HTML
spec :-) It doesn't help his image much if he tells people to go and
read up that he is not being a very nice guy.  One other thing that
annoys him is pointing out that "But I'd be so simply it's not even
<4-letter expletive> . . . <expletive>" is not grammatically correct :-)

> So what if it was rude.  Lusers need to be smacked around a little bit.
> Especially idiotic newsgroup spamming lusers.  I thought it was rather
> amusing.

Hehe, you ought to read my post in comp.unix.advocacy regarding the
$10 Solaris CD :-)

I get flames thrown my way all the time and am rather thick-skinned
about it, but I get mad when people start spamming the lists that I
host.

> So I guess what this message is saying:
>
> WAY TO GO GOERZEN!

Thanks, its always good to know everyone else hates spam too :-)

John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |