Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1998:
[aclug-L] x-windows prob (fwd)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] x-windows prob (fwd)
From: Bijaya Hamal <bj01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 13:30:22 +0500 (GMT+0500)

Dear Sir /Madame,
I am using redhat linux 4.2 on a 486/100 hp vectra pc with 1 mb display
ram , cirrus logic card with a svga monitor .
I had made a mistake with configuring  my X-windows and it crashed.
I had made mistakes with fiddling around with xf86config and Xconfigurator
.
Then I reinistalled it with the help of rpm which was very easy .
Now the display is fine and it runs ok but only prob is the desktop and
the icon of start , control panel ,shell comes huge...the font size is
huge too and when I open netscape it opens right out of diplay area and I
could not even see the file and the menus .Even when I use control panel
or any other package , it just occupies such a huge area with very large
fonts .   Where do I go to fix this .
I will be grateful for your help .
Thank you in advance .