Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] x-windows prob (fwd)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bj01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] x-windows prob (fwd)
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Jul 1998 07:23:11 -0500

Is sounds like it's getting the wrong resolution on the screen.  How
to fix this depends on the configuration method used.  xf86config will
ask you for the resolutions at each color depth.  XF86Setup in 3.3.2.2
will do a similar thing.

You might try hitting Ctrl-Alt-Numpad+ to see if it will switch
resolutions.  Also try panning around the screen by moving the mouse
off the edges to see if the programs start up somewhere else.

John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |