Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: announce: February 2002:
[announce] Aclug Meeting: Monday Feb 11: The Future of Aclug (Continued)

To: <announce@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [announce] Aclug Meeting: Monday Feb 11: The Future of Aclug (Continued)
From: "Info" <info@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:58:10 -0600

             Air Capital Linux Users Group of Wichita, KS
                          http://www.aclug.org/

EVENT SUMMARY
-------------
http://www.aclug.org/events/

 * Monday, February 11 - The Future of Aclug
 * Monday, March 11 - TBA

Contact:  info@xxxxxxxxx

MEETING LOCATION:
-----------------
7:00/7:30 PM in Jabara Hall at Wichita State University (details below) This
event is free and open to the public.  Please forward this message to anyone you
feel may be interested in attending.

Aclug Meeting: Monday, February 11: The Future Of Aclug

This is the second meeting being held to determine the future of Aclug.

The meeting is open to any Aclug member who would like to join in on the
discussion of what Aclug should be.  If you can not make the meeting but would
like to have your input heard, please send a message to info@xxxxxxxxx by 5pm on
Monday.

Recap of the 02/06 meeting:

The first meeting covered the results of the online survey and the frequency and
content of the meetings.  It was decided that a lecture type meeting would be
held on the *second Monday* of every month. This does not preclude other non
lecture meeting being held, just that on one specific night a month we would be
presenting a lecture.

Also discussed was how best to determine who actually has a say in how local
meetings are held and who should be eligible to vote.  After a lengthy
discussion, it was decided to table the matter until the meeting on the 11th so
more voices could be heard.

Finally it was decided that a new mailing list should be created
(local@xxxxxxxxx) to discuss local business and meeting details. It was
suggested that anyone who wished to join the list must show up in person and
sign up; however this will likely be reconsidered on the 11th.

MEETING SCHEDULE:
-----------------

Meetings (lectures) are now scheduled to be held on the second Monday of each
month at 7:00/7:30pm on the second floor of Jabara Hall on the campus of Wichita
State University.  We will primarily meet in room 260 or 261, however a sign
will be posted outside those rooms in the event that we need to meet elsewhere
in Jabara Hall.  Details on the event schedule and upcoming events can be found
at http://www.aclug.org/events/; maps can be found at
http://www.aclug.org/maps/.

7:00PM to 7:30PM is reserved for open discussion. At 7:30PM we will make
announcements of upcoming ACLUG events and the meeting will start thereafter.
Of course, if you can make it at 7, you're encouraged to stay for the whole
program.  You are welcome to arrive at either 7 or 7:30.

Further details will be posted to the aclug-announce mailing list; you can
subscribe for free at http://www.aclug.org/mailinglists/.