Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: announce: July 1998:
Debian 2.0 Online Release Party

To: aclug-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Debian 2.0 Online Release Party
From: John Goerzen ACLUG <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Jul 1998 08:54:19 -0500

Come join us at 6 PM TONIGHT (Thursday, 7-23) for an online release
party for Linux!  Debian 2.0 is being officially released this
evening, with over 2000 Linux packages.  Come chat with Linux
developers, other ACLUG members, and other Linux users from around the
world.  You'll be able to find me online tonight as well (CosmicRay).

HOW TO JOIN:
Via the LinPeople IRC network: point your IRC client to server
irc.us.debian.org and join channel #debian.  I'll see if I can start
up an #aclug channel this evening as well.

HOW TO GET IN #DEBIAN:

If running Linux in X, install ZIRCON.  Zircon comes with Debian;
otherwise, you can find it at http://catless.ncl.ac.uk.  Simply point
it at irc.us.debian.org, type in #debian in the channel box, and press
Enter.

If you have ircII (command-line IRC) for Linux, at your Linux prompt,
type:

irc yourname irc.us.debian.org

Once connected, type this to the IRC program:

/join #debian

Hope to see you there!

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |