Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: webdev: July 2002:
[webdev] website update

To: webdev@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [webdev] website update
From: Tom Hull <thull2@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:08:27 -0500

I made a couple of minor updates to aclug.notwerk.net website:

  1) Fixed a cosmetic problem with the banner.
  2) Added a "Mail Lists" link under "What's Inside". For now
     this points to the old aclug.org webpage.
  3) Added a "Bugzilla" link under "Developers".
  4) Added some code under "Events" to pull out data from the
     calendar database. Added a calendar event for tonight's
     ACLUG meeting. (One problem here is that the event as
     initially set up was unapproved -- something about pending
     approval from webmaster, but it didn't send mail there, so
     I don't know what it was up to. Impatient, I poked the
     calendar.approved_p flag in the database.)
  5) Moved the beta note to the bottom of the page, and added
     a link to a "helping out" page.
  6) Created a new directory /aclug/webdev/ for files having to
     do with website development. Added index.tcl and help.tcl
     to this directory -- the latter the "helping out" page.
  7) Fixed a bug in the homepages directory code. (Bug is
     assigned to me in Bugzilla, but I can't clear it out as
     yet -- account/password problem.)

After checking the changes in from my local system, I logged
into aclug.notwerk.net, did cvs co openacs aclug, and killall
nsd (to restart aolserver). The procedure is not too bad, but
could be slicker.

--
/*
  *  Tom Hull * thull2 at cox.net * http://www.tomhull.com/