Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: webdev: May 2002:
[webdev] Re: deafening

To: <webdev@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [webdev] Re: deafening
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 23:34:56 -0500

So, you noticed too? :-)

>(For my part I've used the period to work on some other
> neglected things.)

That's where all my time has gone. Along with trying to repair a bunch of
hardware damaged by an electrical storm. :-(

>  What do we need to do to get going again?
> A face-to-face meeting?

That might not be a bad idea. Or an IRC session.

> Some things that I can think of that need doing:
>
>  1) Put a link on the www.aclug.org page to aclug.notwerk.net;
>     if we don't, people will forget that we're doing anything.

I'll add that to my 'to-do' list.

>  2) We need to set up CVS for remote access.

I've never done that. I'm not sure what it would take.

>  3) We need a plan for organizing content.

Agreed. But what kind of content?

>  4) We need to figure out how to handle news feeds (RSS).

As soon as I figure that out locally, I can report on what it takes.  I was
using NewsCliper on my own site, but the latest upgrade broke it badly. I was
already considering RSS, now I'm committed to making it work somehow.

--dwh