Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: webdev: March 2002:
[webdev] Re: webserver

To: <webdev@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [webdev] Re: webserver
From: "Koji Hayakawa" <sylf00@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 00:28:41 -0600

For just doing web dev stuff, 4GB sounds more than plenty.  I've been using
a box with RedHat/Apache/PHP4/MySQL + various other X apps etc on 1GB IDE
drive for web dev with a friend of mine.  It's still serving us good.
(running on P-133/48MB.  it outperform Athlon
866/64MB/WinME/PWS4/ASP/ODBC/Access by far, thank you :)  I wouldn't think
OpenACS/AOLServer/pgsql (or even run Apache with mod_aolserver) would be
much bigger.