Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: webdev: March 2002:
[webdev] Re: evolution

To: webdev@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [webdev] Re: evolution
From: Tom Hull <thull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:57:54 -0600

Scrp@xxxxxxx wrote:

> With the exception of the links that are broken, and the content that appears
> to be old.  The site has some appealing attributes.
>
> The site moves well, you can get around ok.
>
> The site has some very useful content, like the faq section on setting up
> internet connections.
>
> The site has a lot of broken links.  Or, every other link is to index.html.

Are these internal links (i.e., to aclug.org)?

I tried running httrack on the website. It went into a number of loops; e.g.,
.../info/info/info/..., /ACLUG/ACLUG/ACLUG/...

I don't know whether this is due to user errors in the dhtml coding, or bugs
in zope itself.

> Wiki sorta sucks, well it does not appeal to me anyway.

Clint added the wiki as an experiment, after I set up a wiki on my web site
for aclug website discussion. It has no functional purpose on the aclug site.

> Will keep looking.

Thanks.

--
/*