Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: webdev: February 2002:
[webdev] Re: [aclug-L] [announce] webdev project

To: webdev@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [webdev] Re: [aclug-L] [announce] webdev project
From: Clint Brubakken <cabrubak@xxxxxxx>
Date: 13 Feb 2002 14:12:21 -0600

I like the idea of different subdomains/machine of aclug.org.

We talked about adding shells, instead of adding them to www.aclug.org,
we will create  shells.aclug.org instead. Maybe we could make a
acs.aclug.org and a zope.aclug.org

On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 13:54, Dale W Hodge wrote:

> ww1, ww2 & ww3 would each have a copy of a static main page.  Links from there
> would point to pages residing on the other servers.  Cnet.com is a good
> example.
> Sometimes you stay at cnet.com other times you may move to computers.cnet.com
> or
> download.cnet.com.  It lets you break out higher bandwidth stuff to the boxes
> better suited to handle it.  It would also allow us to make certain features
> available without compromising the entire Website.
>
> Or,
not for

 we could still break things out, but use 1 box for the main gateway without